STATPOWER PROWATT INVERTERS
1. What can I run from a Statpower PROwatt Inverter?
The four models allow you to match almost any appliance: rechargeable battery powered tools and equipment, TVs, videos, power tools, computer and communication equipment, household appliances and even microwave ovens. Our "Guide to Power Consumption" chart groups many appliances under their respective inverter models.
2. How long will my battery last?
You need to know what capacity your battery has, as well as how much power your appliance will consume. You can find the latter by looking for the silver compliance label attached to the appliance - the label will show a value in watts, e.g., 110 watts or 110W.
By referring to our "Guide to Power Consumption" chart, you can locate an appliance that has the required power consumption figure in the "watts" column, then read across to the standard car or heavy duty 4WD/Boat columns. The figure shown is a guideline to the continuous hours of operation, providing your battery is in good condition and fully charged. Should you run your engine, these times can be extended considerably.
3. What if I want to run something that consumes a lot of power - wont my battery go flat very quickly?
This may be true, but you have two options:
In both these situations, seek the advice of a reputable battery expert for the best course of action.
4. Will my cigarette lighter socket supply enough power for all these appliances?
The lighter is designed to supply about 125 watts of power continuously. If you intend to draw more than 125-150 watts of power for extended periods, it is recommended that you:
This applies to the Statpower PROwatt 150i and 250i inverters. The PROwatt 800i and PROwatt 1500i models require dedicated cables of 25mm. square copper directly to the battery, no longer than 3 metres.
5. Ive heard that inverters are wasteful of power and inefficient!
Statpower PROwatt Inverters are just over 90% efficient, so they do not waste very much energy in the conversion process.
GUIDE TO POWER CONSUMPTION (12 VOLTS) FOR 240 VOLT AC APPLIANCES
* For large amperage loads, it is vital that you consult a BATTERY SPECIALIST for the correct battery type and size. These figures are a guide only. Check the compliance plate on your unit for accurate power consumption. Figures are based on a fully charged and well maintained battery. Figures are for continuous use. Intermittent use, or running your engine can extend these times.
| Copyright © 1998-2011 Team Oztralia
Auto Specialists Pty Limited T/A Car Scene - All Rights Reserved.
Phone: 1800-807-176 5½ Days Only - E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
4WD Shop - 4WD World - Airbag World - Camper Trailer World - Car Scene - Lightforce World - Motor Sport World - Soft Tops - Ute World
Sell Without Agents - Rural World - Metro World - Farms For Sale - 4 Private Sale